When we send your customer's name and email address to your Mail Chimp list, we also send along additional information which you can collect and use to target your email marketing.
You just need to tell Mail Chimp to collect and store this information for you.
Setting this up is easy:
- Navigate to your mailing list in Mail Chimp
- Then click Settings->List Fields and Merge Tags
- Add a new text field called Event Type with the tag EVENT_TYPE
- Add a new date field called Event Date with tag EVENT_DATE
- Add a new text field called Zip Code or Postal Code with tag ZIP_CODE
- That's it! Your information is now being collected.
Keywords: Segmentation, Mailchimp