We've integrated with Smartwaiver, the industry's leading e-waiver company.
When you connect your Starboard Suite account with Smartwaiver:
- Customers who book online will be prompted to complete a waiver after they complete their booking.
- All customers will receive a link to complete their waiver in their confirmation email.
In your Control Panel, you'll be able to:
- See how many waivers have been completed and how many are still needed.
- Click a link to open a new waiver for a customer to sign.
- Download signed PDF waivers
Connecting your Starboard Suite account with Smartwaiver takes just a few steps.
It requires you to copy some codes between the two accounts, so we recommend using a computer, rather than a phone or tablet for the initial setup.
You'll need to save these codes on your computer temporarily, so open any type of document you'd like to use to as a scratch pad: Word, Excel, Textpad, etc.
Sign up for Smartwaiver and create your waiver
- If you don't yet have a Smartwaiver account, sign-up at http://www.smartwaiver.com
- If you haven't yet created a waiver in your Smartwaiver account, do that now. Smartwaiver will create the first one for you for free!
Set up Smartwaiver webhook
- Go to the Smartwaiver webhooks page
- In "Your Webhook URL", paste this URL: https://[subdomain].starboardsuite.com/smartwaiver-webhook
*Be sure to replace [subdomain] with your actual Starboard Suite subdomain.
- In "Participants are required to validate their email address..." choose "Do not wait for email validation..."
- Click "Show Webhook Private Key".
- Copy the private key. You'll need this in a minute, so paste this into your scratchpad and label it "private key"
Set up Smartwaiver API Key
- Go to the Smartwaiver API page
- Under "Create an API Key" enter "Starboard Suite" as your "application label".
- Click "Create"
- Smartwaiver will show you your new "API Key V4"
- You'll need this in a minute, so paste it into your scratchpad and label it "API Key V4"
Copy your Smartwaiver ID
- Go to the "Create/Edit Waivers" page
- Click the name of the waiver you'd like to integrate into Starboard Suite
- A new browser window will pop up with your waiver
- The URL will look something like the screenshot below
- Copy the waiver ID (the highlighted section) from the URL
- You'll need this in a minute, so paste this into your scratchpad and label it "Waiver ID"
Configure Starboard Suite for Smartwaiver
- In your Control Panel, go to Admin->App Store
- Click the SmartWaiver button
- Paste your "Waiver Id" from above into the "Smartwaiver Waiver Id" box
- Paste your "API Key V4" from above into its respective box
- Paste your "Private Key" from above into "Smartwaiver Webhook Private Key" box
- For your security, please delete the file with codes you saved in the previous steps.
Keywords: Smart Waiver