Starboard Suite allows you to create an unlimited number of promotional discount codes which you or your customers can apply to reservations in order to for customers to receive certain discounts.
You can restrict these codes in various ways.
To create a new discount code in the Control Panel:
- Go to Promotions->Discount Codes
- Click the "Add New" button
- Enter a human readable "Name" and a "Code" which customers or reservationists will enter at the time of booking.
- Enter either a Discount Amount, a Discount Percentage or a Price LevelA Discount Amount allows you to reduce the per person price by the given amount. Eg, entering "5" would reduce the price by $5 for each passenger.A Discount Percentage reduces your per person price by the specified percentage. Eg, entering "20" would reduce each passenger's ticket price by 20%.Price Level allows you to use an alternate Price Level when a discount code is entered. Eg, if your tour/activity currently uses a Price Level called "Standard Pricing" you might want to create a new Price Level called "Discount Pricing". When customers use this discount code, their pricing will use the "Discount Pricing" Pricing Level, rather than "Standard Pricing".
- To offer a code to 1-specific customer set "Is Reusable" to false. For most situations, you'll want to set "Is Reusable" to true so that your code can be used by multiple parties reserving.
- Set the other date, tour type and day of week restrictions.
- Click Add + Done
Congratulations, you've created your first discount code.
Now customers can enter a code when they book online, or you can enter it for them in the Control Panel.