If someone books a trip online or over the phone, it's easy for you to cancel it and open up those spots back up. Customers cannot cancel online -- they must contact you to cancel. This gives you the opportunity to:
- Reschedule them rather than cancelling
- Enforce your cancellation policy terms (eg, refuse to cancel within 24 hours)
- Optionally charge them a cancellation fee
1) From within the Control Panel, locate the reservation, either by clicking the trip time on the calendar or using the Find Reservations feature.
2) Click cancel next to the reservation
3) Follow the prompts to (optionally) assess a cancellation fee and refund the balance. You must refund the same amount (or less) to each source, eg if you charged the customer $100 on one card and $200 on another card, you should credit the same amount that you charged back to the respective card (minus any cancellation fee).
4) ***Once you begin to cancel the reservation, it is critical that you continue to click all the way through to the tour receipt page, where you'll see the refund on the right side. If you don't reach the tour receipt page, the cancellation is not complete.
5) Customers will receive an email confirming the cancellation.